I’ve been hearing rather mixed reviews about this mascara so wanted to give it a go for myself. I took the opportunity to buy it at the airport so got a small discount through not having to pay VAT. On first impressions how cool is that packaging?! All solid and gold with the black scrawly writing. Quite badass! It’s definitely one to keep out and not lurk in the dark depths of my makeup bag.
The mascara claims to add instant volume to your lashes with the helix-cut brush to give a false lash effect. I’m not quite sure what a helix-cut brush means but if I’m honest I wouldn’t say it looks all that different to a bog standard mascara wand! Anyhow, I find myself wearing false lashes more and more these days so thought I could be killing two birds with one stone here.
On first application I liked it. A lot of reviews I’ve read mentioned that the mascara was very clumpy, probably due to the very short bristles but I did my usual technique where I swirl the brush around the tube as I pull it out then sort of wiggle the brush as I apply the mascara and pull it upwards (am I making any sense here?!?) and that seemed to do the trick. I applied 3 coats in all and my lashes certainly have a lot more volume but I’m not sure if I would say a false lash effect. I bought this thinking I would mostly be using it for evening looks but really I would have no problem using it in the day.
Something I would say is that the mascara seems to have a rather odd smell. I didn't notice it at first but then I began to get whiffs of it as I was applying the mascara. I'd guess the idea is that it is perfumed to make the whole thing more pleasant but if I'm honest, I just thought that was quite strange! If you're not into perfumed products then I'd probably give this one a miss.
All in all I do like this mascara and I am prepared to pay more for one that I love but I’m just not sure that this is really worth the money when I have tried drug store mascaras that I would say give the same effect. If I’m passing through duty free again and need a new mascara I may repurchase but probably not fully price.
Have you tried this mascara? What did you think?
xXx
Have you tried this mascara? What did you think?
xXx




No comments:
Post a Comment